TCC’s Campaign for Completion is not about raising funds…it is about removing barriers.
When our students are unable to overcome the barriers to completion, multiple opportunities are lost:
- Students and their families lose the opportunity to advance their careers and economic status
- The community loses the opportunity to benefit from a well-educated citizenry.
- Prospective employers lose the opportunity to access a workforce prepared for jobs for the future.
- Taxpayers lose the opportunity to accelerate our region’s economic development.
- TCC loses the opportunity to fulfill our mission and achieve our vision of an educated, employed, and thriving community.
When we remove those barriers, the opportunities multiply…for our students, our community, our companies, and our College.
From national studies, from our own institutional research, and from focus groups with TCC students, we know that the three most serious barriers to completion are:
What will it take to remove these barriers? We have designed a concerted, systematic program to clear the pathway to completion, a program that depends on active engagement of faculty and staff across the college as well as philanthropic support from friends and benefactors across the region.
We are calling on individuals, foundations, and corporations to invest $20 million in our Campaign for Completion. We are confident that the investment will pay huge dividends through the multiplicity of opportunities it will unleash.